12.22.2004

I can’t understand how this day is dragging on the way it is. Maybe it is because I know that Fish Head is in town and I could be hanging out with her. Maybe it is because I could be finally completing the wretched task that is Christmas shopping. Maybe it is because I am excited because Jason should be here this evening. Who knows? I just know that I really don’t want to be wasting time at work. I really just want to go and do something constructive. Because being bored at my desk certainly doesn’t fall into that category.

Susie Q had surgery yesterday and is spending her birthday in bed, recovering. My poor, poor Susie. I was going to bring her flowers at the hospital but they discharged her early. So…I guess that saves me a trip to the hospital.

Casper is drawing pictures of me. This should be interesting.
Last night, I rediscovered Edgar Allan Poe. I really loved him when I was in high school although, looking back, I think it might have had something to do with the sheer darkness of his work. But I reread “Annabel Lee”. God…the last few verses of that poem are incredible.

Stuck-in-my-head Song of the Day: "Firecracker"- Ryan Adams

1 comment:

Pookie.... said...

stupid birthday's! Tell susie I hope she is feeling better!!!!