3.28.2011

Thirty Day Song Challenge



My friend L7 has been posting song titles and videos and stuff on Twitter all week and I finally just Googled this “Thirty Day Song Challenge”, found it here and here and decided to try it out on my blog. I haven’t done anything like this in a long time. So, what the hell, internet? Let’s get to it, shall we? (Feel free to join in, I am going to go ahead and tag my little friend Hespy over here so I am not playing alone!)


Day One: Your Favorite Song


This one, internet, is kind of a toughy. I hate being asked this question because there is no correct answer. This all depends on my mood. And generally speaking, my mood is not too…um…predictable. So, naturally, neither will my choice for “favorite song”. 


I think that the song that has held significance for me for the longest time and that I still absolutely LOVE, is “Black” by Pearl Jam. I remember the first time that I heard it and it attaches to some very fond and beautiful memories of someone who has now passed away. I remember the first time I saw it performed live and I remember the way that it made my whole body shudder. Say what you will, internet, but Eddie Vedder is a supremely talented guy (and I refuse to fault him for growing up and not sounding like he did in 1992. Grunge is over. You learn, you grow. Get over it, haters.) and the lyrics of “Black” are beautifully melancholic. I love it.

The List:
Day One: Your Favorite Song (see above)
Day Two: Your Least Favorite Song
Day Three: A Song that Makes You Happy
Day Four: A Song that Makes You Sad
Day Five: A Song that Reminds You of Someone
Day Six: A Song that Reminds You of Somewhere
Day Seven: A Song that Reminds You of a Certain Event
Day Eight: A Song that You Know All the Words To
Day Nine: A Song that You Often Hear on the Radio

2 comments:

Jene said...

I love, love, love, love this song. And what's funny, is that you're the second person I've seen who listed it as their favorite. The end is my favorite part. For cereal.

spaceface01 said...

The end is absolutely the best part...it gives me CHILLS!